This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you click on a link and purchase something I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
These verses about trusting God with your paths and plans will help sooth the frantic anxiety that so often stops us from making any decisions at all. The next time you are facing a decision – whether big or small – read through these, receive the Godly wisdom, and step forward in confidence.
Do you ever feel like choosing a path or making a decision is kind of like being a chipmunk in the road frantically scurrying back and forth as a giant vehicle barrels down on you? (Just yesterday I heard the chipmunk analogy and thought it was the perfect description for my own decision-making process!! 😉 )
Choosing a path or making a decision, whether it’s a big one or a small one, is a challenge for most of us. (It certainly is for me – I most definitely need to take all these verses to heart! If you’ve got it figured out, let me know – I would love to learn your secret!)
Fortunately though, if you are a follower of God, you can find a source of peace in the wisdom and promises of scripture. The following five verses are just a few of the many wise words that the Bible gives us on entrusting our plans to God. While the verses themselves won’t necessarily give you insight on which direction you should go, they will hopefully sooth the frantic anxiety that so often stops us from making any decision at all.
1. Give careful thought to the paths for your feet and be steadfast in all your ways. – Proverbs 4:26 NIV
Simple, straight-forward wisdom to stay true to God in all your ways. Consider your decisions well, pray, and weight them against your understanding of the Bible. When you do, you can be confident that you have made the best decision you can.
2. Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans. – Proverbs 16:3 NIV
The Proverbs are such a rich source of wisdom, don’t you think? This short little verse is full of goodness! How do you find peace in your decisions? Commit whatever it is you’re considering to God. How do you do that? Read the Bible, seek wise and Godly counsel, pray, wait on Him – to name just a few ways. Do these things and step forward into a decision with calm confidence.
3. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart…” – Jeremiah 29:11-13 NIV
Most of the time we focus on the first sentence of this verse, but the second and third are pretty darn important, too. God is speaking to the Israelites who are exiled to Babylon, encouraging them to not give up hope. With these words, He is reminding them that when they pray and seek Him, that He will guide them to the divine plans that He has for them.
4. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. – Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV
Are you seeing a theme here? Once again, Godly wisdom is encouraging us to trust God with our decisions. And when we do, He will ultimately guide us in the right direction.
5. And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands for us; yes, establish the work of our hands. – Psalm 90:17 NKJV
I love this verse! If you couldn’t gather, I am all about sharing God’s beauty. He is exceptionally good at making things beautiful while establishing and directing our paths and decisions. My personal prayer is that His beauty would shine through my work and life, no matter what path He leads me on.
Pin it for later…
What about you? What is your favorite verse about trusting God with your path and plans? I would love to know! Feel free to share in the comments below…